With a fun scene, song and dance plus relevant facts, this show appeals to children’s fascination with space travel and lunar exploration.
Download: Script, Song Lyrics, Sound tracks, Score, Rhyme, Photographs
Cast: Ages 6 –11, KS1, KS2
Solos: 1 to 5 Mission Control, 5 to 20 Cadets, Chorus: Cadets, Planets, Stars
PROGRAMME: about 20 minutes
1. Entry Music: Variations in Space
2. Introduction: About Gravity
3. Rhyme with Dance: First Kids in Space
4. Scene: Moon Mission
The United States’ Apollo 11 was the first crewed mission to land on the Moon, on 20 July 1969. Now, 50 years later, a team of cadets are going on a virtual mission! We join them at the Space Academy where they are having a final test before setting off on their adventure.
5. Song with Actions: Variations in Space
6. Summary: A Thought to Take Away
7. Exit Music: Variations in Space
Curriculum: Astronauts, Combustion Engines, Earth, Gravity, Lunar, Moon, Oxygen, Planets, Rockets
Age guide: 7 to 11, Key stage 1, Key stage 2 Running time: 20 minutes No. of songs: Variations in Space