This Eco Show appeals to children’s interest in nature and encourages them to care for their environment and the creatures in it. A fun presentation and short sketch show how the Circle of Life and Food Chains work, explaining that everything, living and non-living, plays a vital part in this delicate Ecosystem which we must treasure.
Download includes: Script, Song (vocal & backing tracks, piano score), Sing-along Video & Photographs
Cast: Ages 6 –11; KS1, KS2
Solos: Presenters 1 - 10, Players 6
Choruses: Algae, Tadpoles, Sticklebacks, Frog, Heron, Blood Worms, Dragonfly, Pond Skaters, Coots, Water Vole
PROGRAMME: about 20 minutes
1. Entry Music: What’s Going On Down in the Pond?
2. Presentation: About Ecosystems
A virtual pond is brought into school! We meet a predatory heron, timid water vole, paternal stickleback, quirky insects, frogs and decomposers – all fighting for survival!
3. Song 1: What’s Going On Down in the Pond?
4. Scene: A Food Chain
5. Song 2: The Life of the Pond
6. Rhymes: Insect, Bird, Mammal
7. Game: At the Pond I Saw ...
8. Summary: A Thought to Take Away
9. Exit Song: What' Going on Down In The Pond? Repeat
10. Gallery: Photographs & Topic Work
Curriculum: Algae, Amphibians, Conservation, Ecosystems, Fish, Food Chains Habitats, Life Cycles, Metamorphosis Minibeasts, Photosynthesis Ponds, Recycling
Age guide: 6 to 12 years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2 Running time: 20 minutes No. of songs: What's Going On? The Life of th