Circle of Life
This entertaining show appeals to children’s fascination with gardens and living things. Lively songs with dances and a short script teach the importance of food chains.
Download includes: Script, Song (vocal & backing tracks, piano score), Sing-along Video & Photographs
Cast: Ages: 6 to 12, KS1, KS2
Solos: Presenters; Decomposers: 4 Worms, 4 Maggots, 4 Grubs, Spud, 3 Tatties, Old Bean, Cabbage, Carrot & Pickle, Tomarty, Chorus: Fruit & Veg
PROGRAMME: about 20 minutes
1. Entry Music: Dirty Rotten Decomposers
2. Introduction: About Food Chains
3. Scene: The Circle of Life
Expert decomposers, Grub, Maggot and Wormy, explain the Circle of Life to Spud, a tough potato, and a couple of ripe apples, Pipsqueak and Old Fruit. The lesson is that Fruit and Veg grow, then are eaten and finally recycled. Everything goes round and round!
4. Sing-along Slide Show: Dirty Rotten Decomposers
5. Summary: A Thought to Take Away
6. Exit Music: Dirty Rotten Decomposers
7. Gallery: Topic-related Photographs
Curriculum areas: The Natural world, Habitats, Gardens, Recycling, Sustainable living, Living things, Minibeasts, Plants, Food chains, Soil, Vegetables, Healthy eating
Age guide: Running time: No. of songs: